Friday, March 13, 2009

Computer Viruses

Viruses are everywhere; germs, dirt, bacteria can be harmful to a human body.
But, all the above stated can be harmful to computers as well. Computer viruses are harmful and expensive to repair for all computer users. Viruses can strike at any time without warning. A virus can enter your computer either by an email or a program you have downloaded.

Common viruses are the Trojan, Worms, Spyware and Keylogger.

Photobucket


These are the viruses that are commonly seen in computers/laptops such as Acer, HP, VAIO etc. Such viruses attack the masses; but there is one particular brand of computers that seldom gets attacked by viruses, but with such an advantage, the possibility of getting rid of a virus will also be very challenging.

It is the iMAC by Apple.

Photobucket

The IMAC's unique design prevents common viruses from attacking it, which is good. However, there is a certain virus that caught my eye when I was doing research, this virus is called:

The Newton virus
The "Newton Virus" was aamed after the father of modern mechanics. The 'Newton Virus' introduces the concept of gravity causing your desktop to behave exactly as it would in the real physical environment. Desktop icons become susceptible to Newton’s invisible force and fall, roll and tumble in whatever direction gravity pulls them delivering a little bit of reality to your virtual environment.

Photobucket

Viruses that are being spread by thumb drives are extremely potent. I was a victim of it once. A friend of mine passed me a thumb drive to retrieve information, but I did not know that her thumb drive was infected. As a result, my laptop had to be reformatted and I lost a lot of precious data. As I did not know that my computer was infected, I plugged in my Ipod to update my songs and before I knew it, even my Ipod was infected. The virus destroyed my Ipod and I could never ever plug it into my laptop again as the virus is still swimming in there.

It was seriously tramuatizing :(

Back to the Newton Virus, the Newton Virus isn't a harmful virus according the its creators. It adds a spice of life to the virgin territory of viruses that can be found in an iMAC. As silly as it sounds, this virus was the first virus created to poke fun at iMac users. But I suppose after awhile, the virus will become annoying. Sooner of later, more viruses will emerge just for the iMAC.

Photobucket

As the old saying goes, "prevention is better than cure"
Get an anti virus NOW. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment