Friday, April 10, 2009

Reflections

After gaining so much from com125, I am glad to say that I am a better user of the internet right now. I now know of the various tools that is provided at our finger tips, be it Google trends or Google earth. While learning, I got to experience what these tools can actually do for us.

Also I have learnt the proper terms the different types of e-businesses online. I know e-businesses exist, but to learn the different terminology and functions of it intrigued me as I am now more well versed in terms of e-business.

Most importantly, I have gained much insight about the growth mindset. It taught me how to learn better and be more productive. Learning to look at things with an open mind will help me learn better in my life as well. Cultivating a growth mindset will be highly beneficial. Such a lesson learnt will not be forgotten. Thank you Mr. Choy :)

The chapter about Internet and Politics opened my eyes to a new world beyond the usual usage of the internet. I have learnt that the internet can actually help politics win campaigns e.g. Barack Obama. This amplifies the power of the internet and what is can do for us now and in the near future. The power to connect with so many people amazed me as Obama directed his campaign in both the real world and the virtual world.

Overall, com125 has been a learning experience. And even though the internet is something that I am in contact with everyday, the growth mindset has taught me to embrace new things in life and I should be open towards issues that are presented before me. I enjoyed Mr. Choy's class a lot! Although the mid terms were tricky, I believe Mr. Choy did it for our benefit to learn.

Thank you Mr. Choy!
God Bless (:
COM125 has been an awesome journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment